Megabit Game Expo Policies and Regulations
To participate in and/or attend all Conventions, Expos, Fests, and Events put on by Neoscott Productions/Troublemakers Services, you must comply with the following Policies and Regulations. This Organization reserves the right to modify and/or update the policy at any time without prior notice. Violation of this Code of Conduct may result in forfeiture of your Event badge, your expulsion from the Event, and/or termination of your position (be it Attendee or Vendor) with the aforementioned Organization.
Code of Conduct:
Everyone must comply with all Federal, State, and Local laws, ordinances and regulations at all times.
Megabit Game Expo expects respectful and courteous behavior from all attendees. Please be considerate of the Guests of Honor, Staff, Convention Grounds, Hotels, and your fellow attendees.
Megabit Game Expo is a family friendly, PG-13 and under event. Please keep this in mind and behave appropriately. Following this simple Code of Conduct helps ensure a safe convention and that everyone will have fun. Your own good judgment and courtesy towards others are key.
Please watch out for each other, take care of one another, help those who need help, and be careful. Play it clean, sober, and safe! Please don’t leave the Event with strangers, and make sure that your friends know when you leave or if you are going home early.
- Please don’t hesitate to call security if you see anything suspicious.
- Minors should not go to hotel rooms with unknown adults.
Harassment of any kind, including physical assault, battery, deliberate intimidation, stalking, or unwelcome physical attentions, will not be tolerated. If people tell you “no” or to leave them alone, your business with them is done. If you continue to attempt to have contact with those people, you will be removed from the premises.
The following general rule supersedes all others and may be invoked at any time:
Any action or behavior that causes significant interference with convention operations, excessive discomfort to other attendees, or adversely affects the convention’s relationship with its guests, its venues or the public is strictly forbidden and may result in permanent suspension of membership. Cosplay is not consent of any kind; do not touch anyone or try to hug them simply because you like their costume.
A designated “Safe Space” will be set up for guests who feel unsafe to have quiet time away from the convention, and security will be available on site during Megabit Game Expo should you need to report an incident. An offender will lose their badge and the matter may be referred to the proper law enforcement authorities.
If you are being harassed, immediately contact security or a nearby member of staff. We want to help you and make sure your Megabit Game Expo is a safe and good one!
Megabit Game Expo does not tolerate bullying or harassment within the community in any shape or form. This not only includes bullying and harassment at the convention itself, but also leading up to the show. This includes both in person and online.
Megabit Game Expo will not tolerate any online libel/slander, defamation, volatile/aggressive language, or tagging of itself, employees, volunteers, vendors, or guests in posts that are meant to harass, negatively target, or “bring to justice” any life events that did not occur on the convention grounds and premises. Formal complaints or genuine concerns can be sent to us via email, which we will assess and address, but public shaming or chasing after people is bullying.
Prohibited Actions and Activities
The following, as such violations are determined in Megabit Game Expo’s sole discretion, are not permitted at the Event or its surrounding areas, including the parking lots, hotels, plazas, and structures:
- Failure to be appropriately clothed, as determined by the sole discretion of Megabit Game Expo. Please follow local laws, rules, and regulations when selecting your costume.
- Assaulting, threatening, behaving inappropriately to another person, discriminating conduct of any nature whatsoever, making racial, religious, ethnic, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, or other slurs, bullying, cyberbullying, and/or expressing any act of hatred towards another.
- Lewd or offensive behavior, such as profanity, obscene language or conduct, exposing nipples or genitals, making recordings in bathrooms, bedrooms, or of nipples, genitals or up skirts.
- Conducting commercial or business transactions without Megabit Game Expo’s prior written consent, including without limitation, selling food or beverages from unauthorized carts, stands, or ice chests inside or outside Event venues or hotels; solicitation of money, contributions, or donations; distribution of commercial advertising or promotional material of any kind, such as signs, flyers, cards, or offers of discounts on rides, or other products or services; or offering samples of items which are sold, available for sale, or available in exchange for a donation or contribution.
- Unlawful conduct or failure to comply with the policies, rules, or instructions of Megabit Game Expo, Event staff, the Event facility, the hotel affiliated with the Event, or law enforcement officers.
- Smoking / Vaping:
- Never Inside: No smoking or vaping is permitted inside any of the Event Facilities, unless there is a place specifically designated by the Event Facility that permits either.
- Limited Outside: Smoking or vaping must be at least 20 feet away from all entrances.
- Possessing any open can, bottle or other receptacle containing alcoholic beverages
- Possessing any illegal substance. Megabit Game Expo DOES NOT tolerate illegal substances in or around Events.
- Any action that impedes the flow of traffic, creates a potential or actual hazardous condition, or is deemed to interfere with Megabit Game Expo. Individuals may be asked to move or discontinue their actions. By way of example, an individual may be asked to relocate or terminate an activity in order to disperse a crowd which impedes traffic flow.
- Any noise or music that is disruptive to other attendees or the operation of the Megabit Game Expo.
- No Soliciting
- Riding Hoverboards / Skateboards / Non-ADA Scooters / Segways: if you have one of these, please check it in at bag check or, if it fits, please keep it inside your bag within the Event Facilities.
- Using Roller Skates / Roller Blades
Costume & Clothing Policy
Please keep in mind that Megabit Game Expo is a PG-13 or under event and plan your attire accordingly.
Private parts must be covered with no risk of indecent exposure.
Costumes must comply with federal, state, and local laws and customs of public decency.
All costumes worn in the convention center must fit through a standard doorway.
For any costumes with limited visibility or movement Megabit Game Expo strongly recommends having a “handler” to help with crowd navigation and safety. If you choose to forgo a “handler” please be aware that if PCC staff deem your lack of handler to constitute a safety risk you will be asked to change.
Real weapons of any kind are NOT permitted at Megabit Game Expo. This includes, but is not limited to: guns, knives, swords, bows and arrows, spears, whips, mace and tasers. Any prop or weapon which is illegal in the United States is prohibited.
In order to carry a prop at Megabit Game Expo, you must have it peace-bonded at the designated peace-bonding station. All props will be judged on a case-by-case basis.
Only props which are part of a cosplay/go with a costume will be allowed.
You must be in costume to carry a peace-bonded prop.
Gun-like props must have an orange safety tip at the end of the barrel that is clearly visible from the side.
No projectiles. If you wish to use a Nerf or water gun to create your prop it must be completely non-functional. Likewise, any bow type prop must be either completely unstrung or incapable of holding tension.
Props must be able to easily fit through a standard doorway.
Using props in an unsafe or threatening manner may result in your peace-bonding being revoked requiring you to remove the prop from the convention area immediately.
Signs in general are prohibited. Any signs allowed for cosplay purposes must be an integral part of the character you are cosplaying and subject to peace bonding.
Failure to comply with the removal of a prohibited prop will result in the loss of your badge and expulsion from the convention.
Photography and Videography
Photographs and video are allowed in all common areas of the convention unless otherwise specified. Specific rules and restrictions apply at certain events and panels, which will be noted in advance. Panels for the most part are permitted to be recorded and used for your own personal use outlet, YouTube channel without issue. For more information regarding restrictions please consult the Media Director onsite in the panel room at the convention and pay attention to signs and/or announcements when entering a panel or event area.
Photography or videography of Megabit Game Expo events, staff, or attendees for the purpose of sale, or publication to the press is expressly forbidden for commercial use unless written permission has been obtained from Megabit Game Expo in accordance with its press policy. Individuals may take pictures and videos for private viewing. What this means is that if you are filming for television, a documentary, a televised news outlet, or your professional reel, Megabit Game Expo needs to know so we can sign an approval or release form.
If you are a photographer, press member, YouTuber, or podcast creator, you do have permission to do as you wish with the Megabit Game Expo footage you capture. This includes photos of your peers, the show floor, its guests, or interview material.
Acceptance of a Megabit Game Expo admission constitutes consent to be filmed or photographed by Megabit Game Expo staff or approved industry or media during the Megabit Game Expo event without compensation to you. Your acceptance of a membership and attendance at any Megabit Game Expo event, including the convention, constitutes a grant of rights to Megabit Game Expo to reproduce, display, distribute, perform, create derivative works from and otherwise use any footage or parts of the footage that it affixes in any media and in any manner throughout the world in perpetuity, including on the internet, broadcast, satellite and other transmissions.
All participants in the Cosplay Contest will be asked to sign a Release Form prior to entering the contest, understanding that once the photographs are taken by Convention Staff during the event, the photos are the property of the Convention to use in any social media or promotional material we wish.
These rules apply to all attendees, guests, and staff.
Vendor Policies: Buying, Selling, and Solicitation
Megabit Game Expo will have a vendor/exhibitor/dealer hall. All sales and anyone who receives payment for goods in the convention space must comply with the convention’s vendor/exhibitor rules regardless of location. All vendors must have a California Seller’s Permit. Other restrictions may apply. Please see our exhibitor registration page if you wish to become a vendor/exhibitor. Note that Neoscott Productions/Troublemakers Services has the right to refuse service to anyone or issue immediate refunds to hostile vendors who we choose not to work with.
Megabit Game Expo cannot guarantee the financial success of your booth/table/exhibitor space/business at the Event. Factors such as broad fan appeal, demographics, attendance, inventory, ability to market/brand yourself, and your overall welcoming attitude and salespersonship at the event is critical to the success at the show! Megabit Game Expo will not be held accountable of your company’s monetary losses during the show and will not provide refunds for vendor space less than 30 days before the event. Discounts for the next event will be considered on a case by case basis.
Any solicitation, whether verbally or using signage, for monetary payment or exchange of services at the convention that does not comply with these restrictions may result in the offender losing their badge, the requirement to return all payments, and expulsion from the convention area.
Some examples of solicitation or sale that are prohibited are musicians requesting tips, setting up artwork for sale in the halls, and passing out signs or cards to people soliciting their business in areas other than the aforementioned commerce areas. Please also note that certain solicitations are ILLEGAL and will result in membership badge forfeiture, and possible referral to the proper law enforcement authorities.
Any solicitation or selling outside requires a street vendor license from the city and/or county.
Signs offering favors for sale such as kisses, hugs, dates, gropes, spankings, etc. are strictly prohibited and go against Megabit Game Expo’s Policies and Regulations. Attempts to circumvent any of these rules such as throwing money and merchandise on the ground and other such tactics are also prohibited. Use common sense and engage in appropriate and family-friendly behavior.
All signs are prohibited unless approved for specific use by Megabit Game Expo. Cosplay is not an exception from the prohibition and cosplay signage falls under Megabit Game Expo props/weapons peace bonding policy. Unapproved signs will be confiscated and/or destroyed. Repeat offenses may lead to your being required to forfeit your attendee badge and result in a ban from the convention.
ADA/Americans with Disabilities Act Procedures
Megabit Game Expo is welcoming to individuals of all abilities, and is a fully accessible event. We are dedicated to continually improving our efforts to ensure full access and we encourage all feedback and suggestions in order to improve your experience.
The following explains all accommodations provided this year. For any accessibility-related questions, please email us. We will do our very best to help you have a comfortable, safe, and incredible experience.
Megabit Game Expo provides ADA Wristbands to individuals who may have mobility, physical, vision, hearing, cognitive, psychological, or any other type of disabilities that may not be visible. An ADA wristband identifies you to Staff, Crew, and Security and indicates that you may need additional assistance. The wristbands can be picked up at Registration simply by letting one of our Registration Staff members know that you or someone in your party is in need of one.
Individuals with ADA needs have line priority. Instead of waiting in the general registration line, please feel free to use to Press/Industry line. If standing in line for too long is uncomfortable, please go up to the Press/Industry Desk and let the staff member know that you are not able to stand in line due to physical restrictions.
We sincerely want to help you and want your experience to be good and positive! It is important to note that if staff members are not aware of your needs in the registration line, we are not able to help. Good communication is key, and once that ADA wristband is on, we will know that there’s a possibility that you or your party might need some extra care. We are prepared and want to help!
**ADA wristbands are for the use of one individual only throughout the course of Megabit Game Expo. Registration and entry cost remain the same for ADA access. ADA wristbands cannot be redistributed, resold or reallocated. Failure to comply with this will result in revocation of your badge without refund and the inability to attend future Megabit Game Expo Events.**
We provide priority seating for fans with disabilities as available. All seating for panels and screenings are on a first come, first served basis and we cannot guarantee seating for everyone.
Guests with disabilities should plan to arrive to a panel at least 30 minutes prior to the event so that we can best accommodate you. Keep in mind that some panels featuring certain actors may be more popular than others, however, we will make every effort to help you access the panels that are important to you.
- ADA wristbands are valid for all days of the event.
- Please DO NOT remove your wristband for the duration the event.
- One companion wristband will be issued for each ADA patron; exceptions will be made for families with young children.
- If a guest wants to switch their companion, please bring the old companion wristband to the ADA Access Center to be reissued.
Service animals are permitted throughout the venue; however, this DOES NOT include:
- Emotional support animals
- Therapy animals
- Companion animals
- Pets are not allowed and will be turned away. Only legitimate service animals that are properly trained and under the proper care of their owners will be allowed into the event and provided with the appropriate credentials.
All service animals must remain by the handler’s side at all times and must be harnessed, leashed, or tethered, unless these devices interfere with the service animal’s work or the individual’s disability prevents using these devices. In that case, the individual must maintain control of the animal through voice, signal, or other effective controls.
Service animals must be housebroken and should use the service animal relief area.
Anyone bringing an animal will be responsible for and liable for any damage or injury caused by the animal.
All animals should have legally required vaccinations.
The venue is fully navigable for people with mobility disabilities. There are accessible pathways connected throughout the venue including parking, entrances, stages, vendors and all other activity areas. We encourage all guests to utilize personal forms of transportation, including wheelchairs and scooters. If you need to recharge your motorized wheelchair, you may do so at the ADA Access Center. Patrons should bring all cords and accessories needed to charge their devices. Chargers must use a 110-volt, 20 amp circuit.
- ATMs & Concessions: All ATMs and concessions are fully accessible and located throughout the venue. If assistance is required, please speak with a staff member.
- First Aid: We have several First Aid locations throughout the venue, indicated on the convention maps. Professional medical staff can help you with your medical needs at these locations.
- Special Dietary Needs: If you have special dietary needs, we respect those needs and of course want to accommodate. Food and beverage restrictions may vary per the convention center rules, but we will do everything in our power to ensure your needs are met.
Comments, Questions, and Suggestions
The Megabit Game Expo accessibility team will consider any request by a guest with disability for reasonable modification of its policies, practices or procedures or for auxiliary aids and services that will permit the guest equal enjoyment of the services offered at the event. We encourage you to make any such request as far in advance as possible to enhance our ability to evaluate and fulfill the request.
In continually trying to make Megabit Game Expo more accessible we encourage you to contact us for any of your accessibility-related needs. Additionally, if you have any questions about ADA policies or our services please reach out to us.